Choosing the best cold weather work boot to wear in extremely cold conditions will depend on the type of work that you are going to be performing and the environment that you will be working in. Most boots that are made for cold weather are tall and bulky while others are similar to hiking boots.
Index Table for Cold Weather work Boots
|1||Combat Boot Men's Mickey Mouse - Extreme Cold Work Boots||Combat Boot||92|
|2||Irish Setter Men's Elk Tracker - Cold Weather Work Boot||Irish Setter||95|
|3||Irish Setter Men's Snow Claw - XT Waterproof Insulated Cold Weather Work Boot||Irish Setter||96|
|4||Sorel Men's Glacier - Extreme Snow Work Boot||Sorel||96|
|5||Baffin Men's Endurance - Extreme Cold Weather Work Boot||Baffin||94|
|6||JB Fields Men's Below Icelandic Socks - Extreme Cold weather Socks||JB Fields||96|
Considerations when Choosing a Cold Weather Work Boot
Choosing the right boot for cold weather conditions can be quite a daunting task as you need to look at a boot suitable for your work environment, work tasks and foot type, a boot that will provide you with comfort, protection, and warmth.
Type of Insulation of Cold Weather Boots
There are many different types and brands of insulation to choose from, each made from different types of materials, providing different levels of insulation. Thinsulate is a lighter material providing plenty of warmth, Primaloft is a polyester microfiber material that is water resistant, Heatseeker is similar to Thinsulate with long fiber insulation, and lastly Zylex wicks away moisture, traps warm air and is also a removable liner.
Other insulation brands and types are Wool Felt, Opti-Warm, Gusseted Tongue and Cuff, which are all unique and exceptional insulation brands. Most work boots, particularly those designed for cold and wet conditions are designed with added insulation; you can also buy separate detachable insulation for your boots.
Charactaristics of a Cold Weather Work Boot
- For extreme cold and snow conditions a tall boot that protects the ankles and legs is advisable.
- Some boots feature a removable insulated lining that can be washed or used as slipers afterwards.
- water resistance and breathability is important to keep your feet dry and protected.
- Traction on a durable outsole is important because you are going to be working on wet or slippery surfaces that may be iced or covered in snow.
- Insulation that ia suitable for the low temperatures of your work environment.
- Durability to work in wet and snow conditions.
- Comfort features such as a cushioned insole or padded footbed for shock absorbency and support.
Best Work Boots for Extreme Cold Conditions Reviews
Taking all these aspects into consideration we have compiled a list of the best work boots for extreme cold conditions:
- A unique air pressure system designed specifically to survive high altitude levels.
- Excellent insulation for below zero weather conditions.
- Tested during the Korean War and proven to have superior performance.
- A built-in water evaporation system keeps feet dry to prevent frostbite and keep feet warm in the coldest conditions.
- A durable direct molded slip resistant outsole.
- Overall completely water resistant and will keep your feet dry in even the coldest and wettest weather.
- The Gore-Tex lining helps to reduce extreme cold and keep your feet warm in freezing conditions.
- Thinsulate insulation to keep your feet free from any moisture, and warm in cold conditions.
- A customized footbed disc to meet all the different comfort level requirements, and is very comfortable for those who need a work boot for low arch support.
- Scentban is used in the shoe to reduce odor and keep your feet fresh during long wear.
- The slip-resistant outsole will keep you firmly on your feet and endure even the harshest environments.
- In general a very comfortable boot with all the requirements for work in freezing conditions.
- The ultra thin Thinsulate insulation lining is waterproof and will keep your feet warm.
- The EVA plus thermal boost and nanotechnology insole provides superb comfort and also reduces foot odor.
- The rigid rubber treading on the outsoles ensures exceptional grip and traction on any floor surface.
- The toe and heel are reinforced for advanced safety and protection.
- An easy to wear boot because of the easy on loop at the back and instep zipper.
- This is a very sturdy and durable boot that will last long even with hard wearing.
- Sorel durable water and wind resistant PU coated synthetic textile uppers.
- A drawstring barrel lock closure to keep heat in and cold out.
- A Removable 13 mm ThermoPlus felt inner boot with an Omni-Heat reflective lining midsole to keep your feet warm.
- The handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell with the Sorel aero-track non-loading outsole ensures slip resistance and durable protection
- This is a perfect boot for the adventurer or very active worker, especially in snowy weather.
- This snow boot allows you to stock some gears like GPS locator, Swiss knife, and other objects because of the sewn-in side pockets.
- It has easy flaps so that you do not need to remove your snow gloves to retrieve what is inside the pockets, which is a significant advantage in very cold conditions.
- It is also made of cold compatible polyurethane material to keep the boots warm on the inside at all times, and to keep the cold out.
- Water resistant and well insulated this boot are made specifically to function in snow and extreme cold conditions.
- A durable quality made boot.
- These Socks are excellent choice they are suitable for extreme weather up to Minus 50-degree celsius Below!.
- Pre-Shrunk Wool made from the finest quality of easy care wool.
- Wool is a great choice as it warms in cool weather and cools when it’s warm.
- ProTec guard anti-odor protection keeping your feet fresh and dry.
- Long length to keep your feet and legs warm and protected.
- These Socks will keep you dry and not make you chill because wool wicks moisture away from your feet.
- For more options you can read about other Best Socks for Work Boots.
The boots mentioned above all have unique features that make each and every one of them special for their specific functions. All are work boots designed for cold, wet and snowy weather conditions, to give you optimal dryness, warmth, and comfort, some of the boots come with extra safety features for advanced foot protection. We have added a great sock for extreme cold weather that will keep your feet protected and odor free in even the lowest temperatures.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for Cold Weather work Boots
- Considerations when Choosing a Cold Weather Work Boot
- Type of Insulation of Cold Weather Boots
- Charactaristics of a Cold Weather Work Boot
- Best Work Boots for Extreme Cold Conditions Reviews
- Combat Boot Men's Mickey Mouse Extreme Cold Work Boots
- Irish Setter Men's Elk Tracker Cold Weather Work Boot
- Irish Setter Men's Snow Claw XT Waterproof Insulated Cold Weather Work Boot
- Sorel Men's Glacier Extreme Snow Work Boot
- Baffin Men's Endurance Extreme Cold Weather Work Boot
- JB Fields Men's Below Icelandic Socks Extreme Cold weather Socks