Combat boots were introduced centuries ago by the Assyrians that had the most impressive and professional army of foot soldiers. The first combat boots were designed to give the best grip and stability for different surfaces, this is still the basic functions of any good combat boot that you will find today.
Table of Contents for the Best Combat Boots
|1||COMBAT Men's Jungle Boot - Leather and Canvas Combat Boot||COMBAT||92|
|2||Magnum Men's Response 8.0 - Slip Resistant Combat Boot||Magnum||97|
|3||Rocky Men's C4T - Tactical Combat Boot||Rocky||95|
|4||SWAT Men's Original Classic - 9 Inch Combat Boot||SWAT||98|
|5||Maelstrom Men's Commando - Spike Protection Combat Boot||Maelstrom||95|
The Evolution of Combat Boots
Combat boots have evolved through time adopting many new features. Combat boots do not only provide good grip and stability they are now also designed to provide warmth, comfort, flexibility, strength and protection against weather conditions and hazards of the terrain.
What Constitutes a Combat Boot
Combat boots are basically military boots that have been designed to be worn by soldiers during combat or training. Today combat boots are not only worn as a functional boot but also as a fashion stamen for a more rugged look with any outfit. Modern combat boots provide ankle stability, foot protection, good grip, comfort and are designed for a rugged environment, some designed for particular environments and weather conditions. Specialized combat boots are designed to withstand certain climates and conditions such as; jungle boots, desert boots, cold weather boots and then there are those with specific uses such as; tanker boots and jump boots. Each boot has a specific function or is meant for a specific climate. Your choice of a boot would depend on your work environment and the tasks that you are going to be performing. A combat boot should also provide comfort and support as well as good shock absorbency, particularly if you are running and jumping.
Things to Consider When Buying a Combat Boot
- Look for a well know brand that offers a good quality combat boot
- Look at the material and construction used for the sole, upper, lining and fastening of the boots, they must be durable and comfortable. The soles must offer good grip and traction
- The Socks that you wear with your combat boot is just as important a heavier and more durable sock is desirable for wearing with combat boots.
- The care and maintenance requirements of the boot should also be taken into consideration. Look at the cleaning and care instructions and if the boot is waterproof as well as how easily it dries.
- Lastly and most importantly make sure that the boot fits well and comfortably.
Some Great Charactaristics of aCombat Boot
- Breathable and durable upper materails and a moisture wicking lining.
- Lightweight and Flexible.
- Speed lacing system or a side zipper for fast on and off.
- A comfortable insole and normally an EVA midsole for shock absorbency and support.
- A high traction, slip resistant durable outsole.
- Normally waterproof.
- Safety features such as a steel toe or electrical hazard protection.
- For cold weather combat boots insulation is also a good features.
- Good shock absorbency, cushioning and support for jumping and running.
- A reinforced abrasion resistant toe and heel area.
- Good ankle support and fit.
Reviews on the Best Combat Boots
Here are a few of the top rated combat boots that are available today;
The COMBAT Jungle boot is a high-quality combat boot that is breathable and lightweight, perfect for hotter weather conditions and the jungle environment.
- Breathable Cordura types Nylon and high-quality genuine leather uppers.
- A durable rubber sole for good grip and traction.
- Lightweight and padded insoles for comfort and easy movement.
- Vented holes in the instep to drain moisture and keep feet cool and dry.
- The uppers are unlined to keep your feet cool and ventilated.
If you want to be prepared for even the most unexpected action then this is the combat boot for you. The Magnum Response 8.0 is a durable and breathable boot that provides comfort as well as desired protection.
- Breathable leather and Nylon uppers.
- A high-traction, durable rubber outsole.
- The YKK brand zipper is durable and allows for easy on and off.
- An EVA midsole that offers light and comfortable cushioning.
- Available in black and tan colors.
The Rocky C4T is a trainer combat boot that gives you lightweight performance and improved protection in a durable and breathable boot.
- Breathable and lightweight leather and synthetic uppers.
- A durable rubber sole for good grip and traction on different surfaces.
- Water resistant and fast drying to keep your feet dry at all times.
- The speed eyelets and NATO hooks ensure fast and secure lacing.
- Available in a variety of neutral colors.
The SWAT Original Classic is armed with all day comfort and performance features along with a classic military appearance making this the perfect go-to boot for both law enforcement and military operations.
- The uppers are manufactured from full grain leather and 1000 denier nylon for improved breathability, durability, and comfort.
- Lined with a moisture wicking AEGIS antimicrobial protective lining to keep your feet dry and fresh all day.
- The custom molded heel counter and toe box give you lateral support and allow for a comfortable fit.
- The stitched heel and toe areas increase the boots durability and lifespan.
- A custom-molded phylon EVA midsole gives you lightweight and cradles support.
You will not regret getting the Maelstrom Commando, this is a superior military boot designed for
- The oil and slip resistant Vulcanized rubber outsole with its Panama pattern meets the Military specifications.
- The uppers are made from polishable leather and Cordura nylon for comfort and breathability.
- A steel shim inside the sole protects your feet against spikes and sharp objects.
- The eyelets in the speed hook lacing system are rust proof and the lacing system ensures a fast and secure fit.
- The steel shank improves support and stability while the removable cushioned insert ensures comfort and shock absorbency.
- There are two metallic vents for drainage and ventilation to keep your feet cool and dry.
- Available in tan and black.
So if you are looking for durable footwear that will give you tough performance then look no further these combat boots will provide you with the basic grip and stability as well as many another comfort, support, and protective features. Take care to find a proper fit for your foot type before you choose a shoe that you will survive with for many years to come.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents for the Best Combat Boots
- The Evolution of Combat Boots
- What Constitutes a Combat Boot
- Things to Consider When Buying a Combat Boot
- Some Great Charactaristics of aCombat Boot
- Reviews on the Best Combat Boots