Thorogood is a popular and trusted name in everyday footwear for work. Thorogood manufacturers work boots and work shoes such as Wellingtons, Postal Shoes, Hiking Boots, Uniform Boots and Waterproof Boots. The most popular being the American Heritage wedge sole collection which remains a classic hit.
Comparison Table for Thorogood Work Boots
|1||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - 6 Inch Safety Toe Work Boot||Thorogood||98|
|2||Thorogood Men's Plain Wellington - Composite Toe Electrical Hazard Safety Boot||Thorogood||95|
|3||Thorogood Men's Gen-Flex - 8 Inch Combat Jump Boot||Thorogood||97|
|4||Thorogood Men's Wedge - Moc Toe Non-Safety Boot||Thorogood||95|
|5||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - Safety Toe Boot||Thorogood||95|
The History Behind Thorogood Footwear
Thorogood is a brand of work boot and shoes that have been manufactured from 1892 by the Weinbrenner Shoe Company. Many of the Thorogood boots and shoes are still made in the U.S.A at the Weinbrenner’s company today as well as by Merrill, Marshfield, and other Wisconson factories. Thorogood footwear is made by high skilled employees using only the best materials and the latest technologies while still keeping a touch of their classic look and feel.
What makes Thorogood Work Boots So Special
Thorogood is popular for the high-quality materials and components used in their shoes that are put together with only the best craftsmanship. Thorogood makes use of only the most reliable technologies such as Sympatex waterproof barrier and Bloodborne Pathogen barriers along with Thinsulate insulation and Vibram outsoles. Thorogood boots and shoes have become one of the first choices of many police officers, postal workers, industrial workers and manufacturing employees.
Thorogood work boots and shoes feature a large variety of protective and comfort characteristics here are a few of the protective features that you can choose from;
- Wedge Sole
- A Steel, Composite or Non-Safety Toe
- Electrical Hazard Protection
- Metal Free Option
- Puncture resistant outsole
- Slip, Oil or Abrasion resistant outsole
- Static electricity dissipative
- Metatarsal Guarding
There are also size and boot type options such as;
- 6, 8, 9 or 10 Inch Shafts
- Zip up, zip and lace up or lace up closures.
- Wedge or rubber soles
- Wide or narrow toe caps
- Combat, Chukka, Logger, Postal, Slip on, Wellington, Fire or Atletic type boots and shoes
- Larger Sizes available
All Thorogood boots feature Goodyear Welt Construction and are manufactured using only the highest quality materials. Most of the Thorogood work boots and shoes have a Dual density Shock-absorbing footbed with Poron and an added cushioned insole for comfort. Most of the Thorogood boots also feature a Polyurethane slip resistant MAX Wear outsole and rubber midsole, and some offer a rubber outsole. Thorogood Boots are generally durable and comfortable each with its unique protective and safety features suited for a specific environment or occupational hazards.
Some of the Most Popular Thorogood Work Boots
We have reviewed and chosen some of the top rated Thorogood Work Boots;1
- Constructed using Goodyear Welt Construction technology.
- A slip resistant and non-marking, durable outsole.
- Oil-tanned leather uppers with a padded shaft for all day comfort.
- A shock absorbing and supportive rubber midsole.
- The shock absorbing and cushioned dual density insole on Poron is breathable and allows for ventilation.
- A fiberglass shank and steel toe for added protection and safety.
- Electrical hazard protection.
- Rugged and tough brown tumbled oiled full grain leather uppers with a composite toe that meet the ASTM F2413-11 M I/75/C/75 standards.
- Constructed with Goodyear Storm Welt Technology that is repairable and resolvable.
- A flexible rubber dual density outsole that is durable and offers excellent grip.
- A compression molded EVA midsole with added Impact 300 gel that absorbs shock and provides more comfort.
- The electrical hazard protection capabilities meet the CAN / CSA-Z195 18,000V standards.
- The composite shank protects against punctures.
- A moisture-wicking spacer mesh lining to keep your feet dry and fresh all day.
- An easy on and off zipper closure.
- For comfort and shock absorption there is a removable polyurethane insole with EVA cushioning and an EVA Midsole.
- The composite shank provides underfoot protection.
- Tough leather uppers with the options of adjustable lacing and a side zipper.
- Sturdy and durable Goodyear Welt construction.
- A dual density rubber lug outsole that is non-marking and slip-resistant for the best grip and traction.
- A smooth and shiny leather toe cap and heel counter.
- Constructed using the tough and durable Goodyear Welt construction method.
- Durable and stylish looking Balck Walnut Oil-tanned leather uppers in a 6-inch work boot.
- A cotton drill vamp lining for comfort.
- The removable dual density shock absorbing insert on Poron 4000 provides luxurious cushioning and comfort.
- A rubber midsole for durability and added shock absorption.
- A slip and oil resistant polyurethane Max wear Wedge outsole.
- A soft and comfortable toe.
- The Trail Crazyhorse oil tanned leather uppers are durable and comfortable.
- Constructed with the iron clad Goodyear Welt construction technology.
- A cotton drill vamp lining for comfort and protection.
- The composite shank provides protection against sharp and protruding objects that may pierce the sole.
- A polyurethane slip resistant Max wears outsole with a 90-degree heel for durability and stability.
- Electrical hazard protection that is rated according to industry standards.
- A removable polyurethane footbed on Poron 4000 with comfort cushioning and a shock-absorbing rubber midsole.
Thorogood is one of the most popular names when it comes to work boots they are a USA brand that makes the toughest and most durable work shoes that have excellent comfort features along with many other safety and protective features to choose from. You are sure to find the perfect work boot that will suit your work requirements and environment.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for Thorogood Work Boots
- The History Behind Thorogood Footwear
- What makes Thorogood Work Boots So Special
- Available Features
- General Features
- Some of the Most Popular Thorogood Work Boots