In general, shoes that have laces tend to appear more formal than those who are either pull-ups or have zips and other closures. Safety shoes and protective footwear are a necessity in any working industry where there are hazards; some companies have policies, and there are also legal regulations that require you to wear specific safety footwear when you work in certain industrial environments. Safety footwear has several qualities that help in protecting the feet and toes against many hazards in the workplace which makes them a crucial asset and part of the worker’s overall protective equipment and clothing.
Comparison Table for The Best Lace-Up Work Boots
|1||Chippewa Men's 20065 - Hand Crafted Lace-Up Boot||Chippewa||90|
|2||Ariat Men's Workhog - Shock Absorbent Lace-Up Workboot||Ariat||92|
|3||Rocky Men's Iron Clad - 8 Inch Steel Toe Lace-Up Workboot||Rocky||97|
|4||Carhartt Men's CMW66106 - Met Lace-Up Workboot||Carhartt||96|
|5||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - 8 Inch Moc Toe Lace-Up Workboot||Thorogood||95|
Features of a Safe Work Boot
Both lace up and slip on Safety work boots can have a reinforced steel or composite toe to protect your feet against compression and heavy falling objects. A steel toe gives the highest level of protection, but it also makes the boot much heavier.
Anyone who works in an industrial environment for eight hours or more will know that they need a work boot that fits comfortably. A lace-up boot can be adjusted to fit perfectly from the toe to the top and will provide stability and warmth. A slip-on shoe is more breathable and does not fit tightly around your skin.
All safety boots should have a non-skid sole to keep you from slipping on wet or greasy floor surfaces.
Oil and Water resistance
The sole and uppers of any good work boot should be oil and water resistant, not only to prevent slipping but also to enhance the durability of the boot.
Electrical hazard protection is another compelling feature in both a pull on and laces up work boot especially if you are working with or around electricity.
Certain comfort and support features such as a padded insole, breathable lining, water resistance amongst other features are also great advantages for a work shoe that you are going to wear on a daily basis for many hours.
Lace-Up VS Slip-On Work Boots
Lace up and slip on work boots have much of the same safety and comfort features. A lace-up boot will stay on and not slip off easily when they are caught on something. A lace-up boot is also a bit warmer and better insulated that a pull on boot so it is a much better choice for colder weather and environments.
Safety ratings and standards are equal in both slip-on and lace-up boots, and the price range for both are about the same.
Features of a Lace Up Work Boot
- Tough and durable leather or synthtic uppers.
- Goodyear Welt or other durable construction.
- A lace up system that will endure and offer a secure and comfortable fit.
- Safety features such as a steel toe, electrical hazard protection and waterproofing.
- Comfort features such as a cushioned insole and comfortable midsole, shock absorbency and a moisture wicking lining.
- A tough and sturdy outsole that is oil and slip resistant.
The Top Reviewed Lace-Up Work Boots for 2016
Here is a selection of some of the best available lace-up Safety Work Boots that you will find today;
The Chippewa 20065 is a handcrafted lace-up work boot made from only the finest materials with excellent protective features to keep you safe in the workplace.
- A six-inch boot manufactured from smooth apache leather with a drill vamp lining.
- The Vibram Traction sole offers you protection against slips on greasy and wet floors.
- Removable inserts that we recommend replacing with a better shock absorbing insoles in order to keep your feet comfortable and supported.
- A very durable and long lasting shoe available in a chocolate color.
A hard-working and comfortable shoe. The Ariat Workhog is long-lasting and will offer you all the protection from work hazards in a comfortable and long-lasting, durable work boot.
- Full grain leather uppers with Goodyear welt construction for exceptional quality and durability.
- A dura tread outsole that is self-cleaning and non-tracking to keep you firmly planted on your feet on a floor surface.
- A stability chassis to provide an anatomically correct step for the best comfort on long days.
- A shock absorbing and supportive EVA midsole.
- Available in Aged Bark and Golden Grizzly colors.
Whether you are an outdoors adventurer or worker or a tough industrial worker the Rocky Iron Clad is a sturdy and well-prepared shoe for only the best performance.
- Full grain leather uppers with a waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Goodyear welt construction for superb durability and quality.
- The PU and EVA midsole is lightweight, flexible, oil resistant and will absorb shock.
- A double thick contoured footbed that is well ventilated for superior comfort.
- The triple density iron-clad, seven layer outsole is made from high abrasion rubber and is slip and oil resistant as well as having self-cleaning treads for reduced tracking.
- A thermoplastic polyurethane shanks for better stability.
The Carhartt Lace-up workboot is an exceptionally durable and sturdy 6-inch boot with some fantastic comfort features.
- Made from black oil tanned leather.
- Constructed using Goodyear Welt construction for durability and fine quality.
- A Carhartt slip-resistant rubber outsole that offers exceptional grip on even the slipperiest floors and that is oil and chemical resistant.
- The Ortholite insole, padded collars, and Ortholite tongue provides a comfortable and snug fit for all day wear.
- A waterproof membrane that will keep your feet dry.
- The steel toe provides protection against compression and falling objects.
Thorogood is a brand well known in the work industry for their superb quality and durable work boot. The Thorogood American Heritage offers some exceptional comfort features along with many safety characteristics in a classy looking work boot.
- Made from premium leather using Goodyear Welt construction.
- A removable dual-density shock absorbing insert with a Poron 4000 comfort cushion to keep your feet comfortable and supported.
- The engineered composite shank gives you the best support and stability.
- Available in Tobacco oil and Tobacco Gladiator color designs.
Lace-Up work boots are an excellent choice if you need more ankle protection and a better fit. A lace-up boot will also protect your feet and ankles from debris and particles entering the shoe. Although Lace-up work boots are a better choice for colder weather and environments there are options in a lace up work boots that will keep your feet cool as well during the hot summers.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for The Best Lace-Up Work Boots
- Features of a Safe Work Boot
- Lace-Up VS Slip-On Work Boots
- Features of a Lace Up Work Boot
- The Top Reviewed Lace-Up Work Boots for 2016